As an online program, we rely on technology to deliver our course materials, to facilitate participation in the course, and to connect us to one another. Learn about the technology requirements here.
International students: The availability of technology can vary by country. Please ensure that you are able to meet the technical requirements of the program prior to starting the course, including the ability to access videos on Vimeo.com and utilize Zoom.us for video conference calling.
Students must be able to access these three platforms:
- Canvas: Learning Management System
- All course materials and information are housed in Canvas. Communication and assignment submission take place here. Students spend much of their course time interacting with Canvas.
- Vimeo: Video sharing site
- Course videos are accessed through password-protected Vimeo links.
- Zoom: Video conferencing platform
- All meetings with your cohort and your Live Training Sessions are held via Zoom.
Canvas, our learning management system, is designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements.
- Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 800 x 600 dpi, the average screen size of a notebook computer. If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend the Canvas mobile app.
- Canvas operates best in Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, or Linux – ChromeOS.
- The Canvas mobile app is available on iOS 7 and newer, or Android 4.2 and newer
- Compatibility with Screen Readers:
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer) and NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome
- We recommend using a computer five years old or newer, with at least 1GB of RAM and a 2 GHz processor.
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments. Minimum of 512 kbps.
Other Technical Requirements:
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection (Cable, DSL, or LAN)
- Browser: Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome 62 and 63
- Firefox 56 and 57 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 27 and 28 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge 40 and 41 (Windows only—please make sure your operating system is also current as noted in the Canvas computer specifications lesson; you may need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 10 and 11 (Macintosh only)
- We highly recommend updating to the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
- Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating “Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas.” If you have upgraded your browser but you are still seeing the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies.
- PDFs: Common web tools for viewing PDF documents and video are also required.
Tech support is available for those who encounter issues during the course.
Questions about technology requirements?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com