Updated – 7/19/2023
The world needs health coaches, and so do these companies.
The health coaching industry is growing. Now a $16 billion industry, more companies are hiring health coaches across multiple industries. Certified health coaches don’t have to limit their careers to the healthcare industry. Major corporations are hiring health coaches to work in corporate offices to improve employee health. Health and wellness applications hire health coaches for their expertise in behavior change. Even retail locations, such as pharmacies and grocery stores are looking for health coaches to offer their coaching services to customers.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, which updates its industry data every five years, 126,700 health education specialists and community health workers (health coaches) were employed nationwide in 2021. Employment in this industry is projected to increase by 12% in the next 10 years. This means there will be an additional 15,200 jobs in this industry by 2031.
People are turning their attention to the gaps in our healthcare system and recognizing the importance of a health coach. The CDC says that 90% of the nation’s $4.1 trillion spent on healthcare annually is due to chronic illnesses.
Don’t limit your search to healthcare companies when looking for a job as a Functional Medicine certified health coach. We curated this list by scouring job boards, social media, and company career pages for health coaching and related positions. Keep an eye on these companies for employment opportunities.
50 Companies Who Hire Health Coaches
- Aetna: Aetna is a health insurance company that focuses on community health initiatives and wellness programs.
- Alan Myers: Alan Myers specializes in corporate wellness programs that cater to the unique needs of each organization.
- Anthem: Anthem is a health insurance provider known for its network of healthcare
- Anytime Fitness: Anytime Fitness offers 24/7 access to its gyms worldwide with a single membership, helping customers stick to their exercise and health routines around the world.
- Apple: Apple is a large tech company founded by Steve Jobs that offers devices and applications to help users on their health and wellness journeys, among other profitable services.
- AvMed: AvMed is a Florida-based health insurance provider that emphasizes personalized member support.
- Bend Health: Bend Health combines telemedicine services with in-person consultations for a hybrid healthcare experience.
- Calibrate: Calibrate is a metabolic health company that takes a personalized approach to weight loss, focusing on lifestyle changes rather than conventional dieting.
- Calm.com: Calm.com is an application that features a wide range of audio content, including bedtime stories for better sleep and mindfulness programs.
- Centene: Centene is a multinational healthcare services company that specializes in managed healthcare solutions, including Medicaid and other government-sponsored programs.
- Cigna: Cigna is a prominent health insurance provider that offers a diverse range of healthcare coverage options, including medical, dental, and behavioral health plans.
- Columbia University: Columbia University is a prestigious institution renowned for its health and medical programs.
- Cone Health: Cone Health is known for its commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in healthcare.
- Cooper University Health: Cooper University Health is a Level I Trauma Center, providing advanced emergency care and specialized services.
- CVS Health: CVS Health operates one of the largest pharmacy chains in America and offers walk-in MinuteClinics for basic medical services, including coaching.
- Elemy: Elemy is a health and wellness platform that caters specifically to college students, offering a wide range of mental health resources.
- Evernorth: Evernorth’s pharmacy benefit management services help lower prescription costs for millions of people.
- Fitbit: Fitbit is a prominent health and fitness technology company that provides a wide range of devices and services to empower individuals on their wellness journeys.
- Ginger: Ginger offers on-demand mental health support, allowing users to connect with mental health professionals within seconds.
- GoodRx: GoodRx is a popular healthcare technology company that provides a platform for comparing prescription drug prices, helping users to find the best deals.
- Grady Health System: Grady Health System is a renowned medical services provider known for its comprehensive medical facilities and specialized services.
- Headspace: Headspace is a popular meditation and mindfulness app that provides guided meditation sessions and relaxation exercises to promote mental well-being and reduce stress.
- Health Fitness: Health Fitness offers specialized wellness programs for corporate clients, including on-site fitness classes and health screenings.
- Hinge Health: Hinge Health’s digital programs include personalized exercise therapy plans and one-on-one coaching for chronic pain management.
- Humana: Humana is a health insurance company offering insurance plans with specialized options for veterans and military personnel.
- Institute of Integrative Health Specialists: The Institute of Integrative Health Specialists offers accredited training for health professionals in integrative and holistic medicine.
- Jenny Craig: Jenny Craig is a weight loss program that includes personalized meal plans and one-on-one consultations with dedicated weight loss coaches.
- John Hopkins Medicine: Johns Hopkins Medicine is renowned for its leadership in medical research and was founded as America’s first research university.
- Lyra Health: Lyra Health offers timely access to therapy sessions, with appointments usually available within ten days.
- Natural Grocers: Natural Grocers sources organic produce and products free from artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- Ochsner Health: Ochsner Health incorporates telehealth services to provide remote access to healthcare specialists.
- One Medical: One Medical is a membership-based primary care provider that offers comprehensive healthcare services, including same-day appointments, virtual visits, and personalized health plans.
- Ontrak, Inc: Ontrak, Inc. uses AI and analytics to identify individuals who could benefit from behavioral health support.
- Plume: Co-founded by one of the leading voices in transgender healthcare, Plume’s platform includes helps provide access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities.
- Premise Health: Premise Health is a leading workplace health and patient engagement company that works with employers to provide accessible and personalized healthcare services.
- Quit Genius: Quit Genius is a digital addiction treatment program that uses cognitive behavioral therapy to help individuals overcome addictive behaviors.
- Restore Hyper Wellness: Restore Hyper Wellness offers cryotherapy, IV infusions, and other services all under one roof.
- Share Care: ShareCare partners with employers to deliver personalized health programs for employees and their families.
- Spring Health: Spring Health uses AI to match employees with the most suitable mental health resources.
- Talkspace: Talkspace is an online therapy platform that connects individuals with licensed therapists, providing a convenient and confidential way to access mental health support through text, video, or voice messaging.
- Texas Center for Lifestyle Medicine: The Texas Center for Lifestyle Medicine focuses on evidence-based plant-focused nutrition in their healthcare programs.
- True Measure: Using data from its platform, True Measure empowers organizations to make informed decisions and deliver more efficient and effective healthcare services.
- Tulane University: Tulane University’s medical school has a strong emphasis on public health and community-based research.
- United Healthcare: United Healthcare provides health insurance solutions for people in all 50 U.S. states and over 130 other countries worldwide.
- University of North Texas: The University of North Texas is known for its health and medical programs, offering research and training opportunities in healthcare and allied health professions.
- VidaHealth: VidaHealth provides health coaching in multiple languages, ensuring accessibility for diverse populations.
- Virgin Pulse: Virgin Pulse integrates gamification elements into its wellness programs to boost employee engagement.
- VNS Health: VNS Health offers remote patient monitoring solutions to help healthcare providers manage chronic conditions more effectively.
- Weight Watchers: Weight Watchers is a weight loss system that offers a unique point-based system that encourages healthier food choices and lifestyle habits.
- YMCA: The YMCA is a charitable organization that provides assistance to give access to its programs, including access to gyms and coaches, regardless of income.
Health coaches are part wellness educators, part mentors, and part behavior change specialists. They work with clients to help bridge the gap between understanding healthy lifestyle changes and the motivation to make the changes happen. Coaches work closely with clients to implement healthy changes that meet their unique needs and goals while aligning with the client’s core values.
Our FMCA Health Coach Certification Program prepares you to hit the ground running as a health coach in 12 months. We are the only program designed in collaboration with The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and approved by the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC).
Join the movement that is changing healthcare! Become a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach.